hahaha ya'll remember that song?!
well anyways this is my day 1 of my diet/get healthy plan.
in the last two years i've gained a LOT of weight that im not happy about and if i continue in my ways it could be bad for me and my health. So i've decided to do this for me. not for anyone else but for me. So that I can live a healthier life and feel better about myself. NOTE!!! i am not one of those size 3 girls who thinks they're overweight and is deciding to starve themselves so they can look like some of the girls on top model.
Nope im just going to be smart about what i eat and how i eat it. and become more active. and be more positive, to stop stressing since that makes us hold unnecessary weight.
So over the weekend I got myself some goodies to help me out.
1. smaller plates. I went out and bought some smaller dinner plates that i can use to eat on so that i still eat what i want but its of a smaller proportion.
2.fresh & frozen veggies and frutis. great fiber and roughage for the body
3.Splenda & truvia. the best sugar substitutes i know. so i can still have some sugar, well sweetness in my life.
4.Oatmeal. while its a low calorie meal, it helps to lower my cholesterol levels too! so kinda reversing some of the fast food I've consumed.
5. Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil. i use this in place of margarine or butter. cuts calories and saturated fats plus i dont use as much
6. Losts of seasonings. they dont have calories and as long as i watch the sodium intake then i can replace butter flavor with wholesome flavor from garlic, onion, peppers, sage, basil, paprika, cumin, and things like that
I've also implemented a few more things that i've heard, that make sense to me.
1. eat slower. gives your tummy time to notify you when its full before you over eat
2. breath deeply. in order to burn calories even when sitting your body needs energy which a lot of which comes from oxygen
3. work out smater. which means longer basically. studies shows that your more likely to loose more weight and inches if you were to pace yourself and work out for an hour rather than cardio for 30 mins.
**tip. my doctor told me that in order to start working off fat that has been on your body for awhile you need to exercise at least for 45 min. anything shy of that you are only burning what you've consumed in the last 24-48 hours.
4. I drink after my meals instead of with. and on top of that, every drink after my meal is warm-hot.
for the past couple of days its been green tea, coffee in the morning, hot cocoa with dinner, or even hot water with lemon and honey.
why? because drinking cool-ice cold things while you eat helps to in a sense "stop the fat in its tracks"! say you take a bite of a burger and as soon as you finish swallowing you chase it down with a big gulp of ice cold coke..the coke is going to catch up to your food before it truly hits your tummy and freeze the fat on the walls of your digestive cavities. leading to cholesterol, clots, and extra stored fat on the body. By drinking warm liquid it helps to help the oils and fats break down so your tummy doesnt have to work as hard as well as giving it less of a chance to stay with you and add calories and lbs to your body.
5. eat Ice when I get hungry in between meals...
other studies show that when the body is use to eating or snacking in between meals, most times its just the sense of a habit, and not the fact that you're really hungry. so if you suck on or chew a piece of ice, it tricks the body into thinking its had something to eat, cause you've gone through motions of chewing and stuff.
so yep yep yep. there it is. my birthday is in a month and i would love to lose at least 10 lbs by then which is totally healthy =]
YAY so wish me luck. if anyone else wants to do it with me let me know =]
since i've only been doing this for one day i have no results yet. but i can say that im not as hungry during the day and i feel like i have more energy.
Monday, January 12, 2009
hahaha ya'll remember that song?!
Posted by A bay bay at 2:17 PM